Thursday, January 22, 2009

Spring Cleaning


I was cleaning up the yard this afternoon, picking up the mess that our puppies made. I was thinking how sad the yard looks now compared to in the Spring and Summer. The ground is covered in dead leaves and you have to search hard to find anything green or beautiful. But I know the potential that is hiding under those leaves, and I know that with a little cleaning and sunshine, someday soon our yard will look beautiful again! It makes me want to do some Spring cleaning!

It made me wonder if God ever looks at my life in that way. Does He have to search hard to find anything beautiful? Is it covered under the mess of my sins? That would be pretty depressing. But you know what? Every time I ask Him to forgive my sins, He cleans up that mess and lets His Son shine in my life! He makes us clean and beautiful. He does Spring cleaning in my life every day! Thank You, Lord!

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
(Psalm 51:10)

As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
(Psalm 103: 12)

Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.
(Isaiah 1:18b)

2 comments:

  1. Irma that was just beautiful. Whether we realize it our not God really is cleaning up our messes and our lives each day. I appreciate you reminding me of this. God Bless you and yours *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post is similar to my last post....related somewhat. : ) It's neat how the Lord speaks to us. I love the insight you give on this. I also enjoyed your post of your family too. Blessings Irma. Kathy

    ReplyDelete