Friday, January 16, 2009

Oma's Tea Cups

I decided to join in the fun of 'Show and Tell Friday' on There's No Place Like Home. I'll try to start doing this weekly and show you something special from our house or garden.

This week I'd like to share these tea cups that once belonged to my grandmother (Oma). She passed away in October 2007 and when asked if I wanted anything to remember her by, these were something that immediately came to mind. I remember drinking coffee (not tea!) out of her beautiful cups and always admiring them. It also reminds me of the times we visited and the talks we had. It makes me very sad that she never got to meet Gabriel (she passed away just a few weeks before our planned visit to Holland). But I know that they will meet someday and we will spend eternity together!





Here's a picture of my Oma.

And a picture of her in younger years with my grandfather (Opa), whom I never met.


Show and Tell

11 comments:

  1. What a lovely collection of tea cups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful teacups from your dear Oma...I love the bright, vivid colors. I would drink tea from them, but coffee, hot chocolate, whatever works, I say! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the teacups! They are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful, and your Oma was a lovely lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply lovely...I love that you drink coffe out of them! I'm a coffee drinker, too. Only have hot tea when I'm not feeling well! ;)
    Thank you for sharing some of your treasures today!
    Have a sunshiney weekend!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet that you have her cups. I love the picture also. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Oma looks like a beautiful lady, I am sure she was amazing. I really love that you have her cups to remember her by. They are beautiful. We have many dishes that have been in our family for years, I think it's really amazing to think that I use dishes that sat at my great grandmothers table :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You tea cups a lovely- and so special that they were your grandmother's-- and hold such sweet memories for you.

    Thanks for sharing them with us:)

    Linda C

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful teacups! I love them and recently started a collection. I have a set my Gma gave me too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! I'm so glad you joint Irma! I used to join as well but then my camera broke and they are unable to make it :( It's only half a year old :(

    ReplyDelete