Sunday, January 11, 2009

I Can Only Imagine

While I was singing in church this morning, for some reason this picture came to my mind.

Can you imagine being hugged by Jesus? For some reason, this picture really gets to me. I imagine what it would be like to actually be face to face with Jesus and hug Him. I think I would bawl like a baby. My heart would just overflow with emotions! Love, joy, awe, gratitude, relief, excitement... What emotions would you feel if you came face to face with Jesus today?

Of course I have no idea what it will be like to see Him. Maybe there won't be any hugging, maybe all I will be able to do is fall to my knees and worship Him. Maybe I'll sing and dance for Him (which will be interesting, since I'm pretty bad at both!). But guess what? Whatever you imagine doing when you meet Him, you can already do right now! Whether you fall on your knees, worship, cry, sing or dance for Him, He will see you now! So why wait?

MercyMe has a wonderful song about this:


Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed. He will keep you strong to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 1: 7-8

1 comment:

  1. Irma, I love how you wrote, "So why wait?" I think that is His question to us as He, moment by moment, invites us to a deeper relationship with Him. I'm praying for your wonderful life with the Lord on your farm. I pray it's a fruitful year for you in every way! Blessings friend. (oh, our family is curious about Holland as we're studying about the people from England who moved to Holland and all they sacrificed for religious hope and liberties.)

    ReplyDelete