Monday, January 12, 2009

Holland in 2005

I thought some of you might be interested in some pictures of Holland. Here are some older pictures from 2005 when Cary came to Holland. Click on the pictures to see them in their original size.

Cary at Kinderdijk / My Dad and I at Kinderdijk


Eating Dutch pancakes in Scheveningen / Cary in Leiden


A guy in Delft wearing wooden shoes / City hall in Delft


My Mom, Dad, me, Cary, and my siblings: Eveline, Astrid & Vincent


Visiting Amsterdam to apply for my visa at the US Consulate.


The famous Nightwatch/Nachtwacht painting by Rembrandt. / Dinner at my uncle's restaurant in The Hague...ahhhh young love!


Me riding a bike / Cary swimming in the North Sea...brrr!


Gouda cheese in Gouda! / With my sister and her family in Gouda


Very old church in Gouda


Visiting castles in Holland: De Haar and Muiderslot (last pic).



Cary eating 'Hollandse nieuwe', which is raw herring with raw onions. Gross, I know! ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to show the kids pictures of Holland. Thank you so much for posting them. I especially loved the ones of the houes along the canal, and the church-stained glass is a favorite of mine!Blessings on your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all that cheese! Lol. When are you going to Holland again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're going around June 25th and will probably stay close to 3 weeks. My sister's baby is due on the 28th so I want to see him/her when he/she is still tiny!

    I miss the cheese!!!

    ReplyDelete