Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Resale Barn

We had some fun shopping today at our local Resale Barn (= a thrift store). We love going there almost every week and always find some little treasures there! Here are some of the things we bought today...

Some cars for Gabriel...you can never have too many of them when you're that obsessed with cars!


Some dinosaurs that he can only play with on the road...that way we will always have something interesting for him when he gets bored! And some clothes for each of us! That sweater for Gabriel is way too big (4T) but he loved the truck on it. Hopefully he can wear it next year.


Some movies, most are for Cary but I got one for Gabriel and a chick flick for me. And an old scale with both grams and ounces, which will make it easier for me to convert Dutch recipes!


And I found these adorable children's books from 1956, 1958 and 1965. We love old books!


The stories are pretty funny and I thought the drawings were so cute!



We also got him a little scooter, but it's outside right now so I'll take some pictures tomorrow and post them here.
I just love shopping and it's even more fun when you get so much for very little money!

8 comments:

  1. I love thrift stores! I get about 75% of my t-shirts there. You can always find such fun ones there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cute dog books! I loooove second hand shops! I could easily spend hours just browsing through everything <3 Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little sleepy boy. I love thrift store shopping, 75% of everything I own is form a thrift shop. You have a very pretty blog.
    Blessed,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Irma, I can't read the white font on the blue. Is it my "over 40" eyes at work again? HELP!!! Anyway, not sure what you said, but I love the books you picked out...resale if cool! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool....Sorry, I think my computer was having a senior moment of its own. :o. Oh, my typo. Should say, "resale is cool", and it is. I am currently wearing my favorite, it's a bit cool in the house, sweatshirt....resale!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, Irma! Gabriel is so adorable! I love how much he likes cars! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy - it's the background that won't load, it keeps happening to me too. It's supposed to be light blue text on a brown background!

    ReplyDelete