Friday, February 27, 2009

Buddy's Birdday

My pet rooster Buddy is 4 years old! I'm not sure of the exact day that he hatched, but it was somewhere at the end of February. I raised him from a baby chick and he has survived coyotes, bobcats and hawks! I made him a birthday (or birdday, or hatchday) cake, just as I do every year. It had bread, banana, yogurt and carrots. A big success as usual! Happy Birdday, Buddy!




Buddy in my hand when he was just a tiny little chick.
He would always fall asleep!

A few weeks old...

Previous birddays...


2 comments:

  1. Happy Hatchday Buddy! Irma, Buddy is just beautiful, be sure to tell him that he's a very handsome rooster. I love the cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello;
    This is my first visit to your blog. I've really enjoyed my visit. We too, live on a farm and raise chickens.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete