Friday, May 11, 2012

Our trip to Holland (1)

On April 21st, we flew to Holland to see my family! It had been 19 months since our last visit. Here are some pictures from the first few days. Remember, you can click each picture to see it full size.

Waiting at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. We had a layover in Detroit. Both flights went well, Gabriel slept for about 2 hours (total flight duration was 2 1/2 + 8 hours).
Arrival at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport the next morning (Dutch time, it was in the middle of the night in Texas!).
Taking a nap on Sunday afternoon. Jet lag is not easy to get over!
 On Monday April 23rd, we went for a drive with my parents. This was at the beach in Katwijk.
 Gabriel with his Opa and Oma
 Gabriel and I and a strange dog...



 It was cold, but beautiful!


 Later that afternoon...tulips!!!
 Not the best picture of us, but very Dutch!

 Dinner at my brother Vincent's apartment Monday evening. I like to call this the 'Striped Sweater Club' :-p
Tuesday morning in Spakenburg.

 Visiting my grandmother at the nursing home. She got to go home later that week (almost 3 months after her 7th hip surgery!).
On Tuesday evening we had dinner at my sister Astrid's. Unfortunately no pictures of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment