Friday, March 20, 2009

Worthless?

Have you ever felt worthless? There have been times when I did. For example, for years I was bullied in school and felt worthless or inferior most of the time. It took me years to built up some confidence. I wish now that I had been stronger in my faith. Maybe I wouldn't have measured my self-worth by what other people thought of me, or how they treated me. Instead, I should have focused on what God thought of me, and what He did for me. I wanted to share a few Bible verses to hopefully make those of you who are feeling worthless, a little better about yourself.

So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" (Hebrews 13:6)

Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you. (Matthew 5: 11-12)

For the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared. (Proverbs 3:26)

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. (Matthew 10:29-31)

For you have been my hope, O Sovereign LORD, my confidence since my youth. (Psalm 71:5)

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. (1 Peter 3:3-4)

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:13)

And now, dear children, continue in him, so that when he appears we may be confident and unashamed before him at his coming. (1 John 2:28)

If the LORD delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand. (Psalm 37:23-24)

To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. (Revelation 1:5b-6)

And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. (Colossians 1:10-14)

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. (Psalm 139:14)

Think about that last verse. God made you, and His works are wonderful. YOU are wonderful! Don't ever forget that!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Irma! God truly spoke to me through those scriptures this AM. Off to a great day--hope you ahve one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post. This is the kind of post we love for people to share with us on Spiritual Sundays. I hope you will consider joining us by linking on that blog. There are instructions there on how to do it.

    Thank you for the comments you made about my Thomas Kinkade post. On my other blog today I used one of his books for what I wrote for Spiritual Sundays. It's about balance. If you are interested in reading it, here is the url.
    http://athomeinscottsdale.blogspot.com/
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again Irma. I just realized I didn't give you the url for the Spiritual Sundays blog.
    http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Irma, thank you for this post. I feel worthless more than I feel anything else. Thank you for reminding me that the Lord loves me, and I need to love myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Irma, this is wonderful. I'm sorry that you were bullied too. Remember, it's made you a better and stronger person. I still struggle with the effects of being bullied, but I remember that I would not be who I am today if it did not happen.

    ReplyDelete