Friday, March 20, 2009

Country Alphabet - D

I skipped a couple of Show & Tell Fridays, but I'm back today with our Country Alphabet!
Show and Tell

D is for...Dogs

Our dog Dakota passed away in June 2007. He was 17 years old. He was part heeler and part chow. Click here for some more pictures of him.
This picture was taken in 2004.

And this one in 2005.


We now have 2 puppies, both were born in July 2008 and we got them in September 2008. They were so tiny back then!
Here is Heidi, the German Shepherd.


And here is Dixie, the Blue Heeler (Australian Cattle Dog).


Getting bigger, October 2008.

Dixie and Heidi this month. We have to keep them chained up now because they are so big and wild and will jump on Gabriel whenever they see him! And they tear everything up. But once they're trained a little better, we hope to be able to let them run around free again.


13 comments:

  1. All creatures, great and small, have my heart! I so love your new puppies, and I imagine at times you sorely miss the one you lost, Dakota.

    My Show n Tell is all about afghans today. If you can get a chance, do stop by. Happy Friday.

    [scroll down below my flower photos.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy to another Texas chick*! Love your pictures....beautiful dogs and adorable son*! Thanks for sharing......_Ashley*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, they are beautiful dogs! I love seeing the puppy pics too. I know the sadness of losing a pet after having them for so many years. I have lost several wonderful dogs in my life time due to old age:( Thanks for sharing your sweet dogs with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by and saying hi. You have some gorgeous dogs...and cute little boy!! They will eventually settle down!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for the loss of your pet; I too have been through that. Here's my post:
    http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/2009/03/show-and-tell-friday-chocolate-bunny.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful dogs. They have such sweet faces. I'm a pet lover too;-) Thanks for stopping by Marigold Manor and commenting on my miniature cast iron stove.

    Blessings for a great weekend.

    Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh puppies and babies, you have the best post in the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pups have grown so much! They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful dogs. Thanks for visiing my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your puppies are precious! Hope everything goes well with their training. So sorry about the loss of your other dogs...it's so hard to lose them. Thank you for sharing your pictures, and for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your puppies are precious. Sorry about the loss of your other dogs. I had a cat that we lost a few years ago and she was like another child.

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful dogs - all 3 of them! thanks for showing them to us.

    There is always room for you in The Shadow of the Cross. Feel free to visit anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your Show and Tell Post with your dogs and I love the song you have playing: Praise Him in the Storm!

    We also have a child through Compassion International... Her name is Rolineda, 5 years old and is from Haiti.

    Thanks for stopping by my place and for your comment!

    ReplyDelete